RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Question: What Would You Do If You Were Not Allowed to Read For a WHOLE Week?

WeeklyQuestion

I would die! No, but seriously, I. Would. DIE.

Ok, ok, maybe that’s a bit extreme, and it does occasionally happen that I go a full week without reading, however that’s by choice more or less, real life interferes notwithstanding. I can’t imagine a scenario where I would be forbidden to partake in my favourite hobby… Oh wait, I can, my honeymoon aaaand I still snuck in an hour here and there when hubs passed out drunk after overindulging in the free booze. Eventually he just gave up on trying to rein in my addiction altogether because I was monopolizing the TV remote, and forcing him to watch anything and everything that wasn’t sports. That’s true love for ya, it’s about outlasting your partner. Ha! Nah, in all fairness I was the alchie during that vacay, and we didn’t spend much time watching the boob tube. *wink-wink*

I’d probably resort to some long lost past time that I’ve neglected ever since reading & blogging entered my life. Maybe make a puzzle, take another crack at that origami swan, or heaven forbid clean the house, although admittedly the latter wouldn’t be nearly as appealing without an audiobook to listen to. I’m almost positive that my good mood would go out the window; I might start binge eating to help fill the void, and would most likely develop an unhealthy obsession with counting down the days until my punishment was over. You’d think I was quitting crack or something! Is it normal to get the shakes just thinking about it??

There is however a slight chance that I might lose it completely, and decide to hunt down the person responsible for ruining my life, and kick their freaking ass! Desperate times call for desperate measures. So, let this serve as a warning to anyone who’s ever thought about taking books away from a junkie, unless you have a death wish—DON’T DO IT!

On a sadder note, my good friend Julie from Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks’ last post will be this Friday, and she’s hosting a fab giveaway for her final hoorah. Go say goodbye to this wonderful blogger!

What Would You Do If You Were Not Allowed to Read For a WHOLE Week?

Have a bookish question you’d like Rabid Reads to weigh-in on? E-mail me, and be sure you include your blog URL (if you have one), so we can give you credit!

Carmel Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2014/11/question-what-would-you-do-if-you-were-not-allowed-to-read-for-a-whole-week.html