RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Best Book Covers of 2014

TopOf2014

Another year has come and gone which means that it’s time to participate in Two Chicks On Books, Reading YA Rocks, Magical Urban Fantasy Reads and Tales of a Ravenous Reader annual TOP 10 OF 2014 week long meme. Not only do I love lists but these posts are easy to put together and schedule during the holidays so that I can spend time with my family. Enjoy!

*Click on book cover to visit Amazon / GoodReads for more info.

10. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

I adore the colour scheme of this cover, and the way the artist captured the parallel universes aspect of the story. Novel Nails Designs even created a matching manicure—check it out!
Design by: Alison Klapthor
  09. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Black, red & white is always a winning combo with me, and I just love how the rose petals and the staircase blend together, it such a cool effect, plus it fits the Beauty and the Beast re-telling.
Design by: Erin Fitzsimmons
  08. Fireborn by Keri Arthur

I’m an Aries, so of course I’m drawn to fire. The full image is even more spectacular; I don’t know why Signet zoomed in on the model instead of using the whole thing.
Design by: Tony Mauro

07. Shattered by Mari Mancusi

I participated in the cover reveal for this novel back in April, and I’m still drooling over it. That dragon is freaking awesome!
Design by: Tony Sahara
  06. Covenant: The Books of Raziel by Sabrina Benulis

I gave-up on this series after the first book because the angels were too preachy for me, but that doesn’t mean that I can’t appreciate the beautiful artwork.
Design by: Nekro
  05. How the White Trash Zombie Got Her Groove Back by Diana Rowland

I like the contrast between the pink and the gory zombie body parts. I realize that this cover isn’t for everyone, but personally I think it’s the bomb!
Design by: Dan dos Santos
  04. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

This cover is such a looker! I love the colours, and how the ravens in the background tie-in to the previous installments in this series.
Design by: Christopher Stengel
  03. City of Eternal Night by Kristen Painter

I knew that I had to own this novel the moment I saw that dress. It’s positively stunning, and the artist matched the author’s description to a T.
Design by: Lauren Panepinto
  02. The One by Kiera Cass

THE ONE definitely takes the cake for the prettiest girl in a dress of 2014. All of the covers in this series are amazing, it’s impossible to pick a favourite.
Design by: Sarah Hoy
  01. Unhinged by A.G. Howard

For the second year in a row, the SPLINTERED series earns the top spot on my top 10 list. I LOVE all things Alice in Wonderland, and this artist nailed it!
Design by: Nathalia Suellen

What were some of your fav covers of 2014?

Carmel Signature