RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Top 10 Books I’m looking forward to in 2015

TopOf2014

Another year has come and gone which means that it’s time to participate in Two Chicks On Books, Reading YA Rocks, Magical Urban Fantasy Reads and Tales of a Ravenous Reader annual TOP 10 OF 2014 week long meme. Not only do I love lists but these posts are easy to put together and schedule during the holidays so that I can spend time with my family. Enjoy!

*Click on book cover to visit Amazon / GoodReads for more info.

10. Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

I finally got around to listening to ALPHA & OMEGA in audio this year. Move over MERCY THOMPSON, you are no longer my favourite Briggs protagonist! Holter Graham’s narration is also way better suited than Lorelei King’s (I LOVE her as Charley Davidson, but not so much as Mercy).
ComingSoon   09. Menagerie by Rachel Vincent

This novel was on my most anticipated books list of 2014, but unfortunately the release date got pushed back which somewhat damped my excitement. However, I’m a die hard Rachel Vincent fan, and it’s been WAY too long since her last Urban Fantasy series ended.
  08. Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep

Normally the next installment in Estep’s ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN series would be in this spot, but she also has a new Young Adult novel in the works, so I’m slightly more psyched about the latter, plus it hits shelves in April as opposed this summer.
  07. The Veil by Chloe Neill

Again, book 11 in Neill’s CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES series could have easily made the cut, but seeing how we’re about to start a new year, I’m all about the debuts, and this author will be introducing readers to her A DEVIL’S ISLE universe in 2015. I’ll be there!
  06. Wicked Embers by Keri Arthur

I was really wowed by the first novel in Keri Arthur’s SOULS OF FIRE series; phoenixes aren’t exactly common in the supernatural world, so that alone made the story super unique, but when you add this author’s phenomenal writing to the mix, awesomeness ensues.
Bayou Moon   05. Bayou Blues by Sierra Dean

I was on the verge of plunging into a full-out depression when I bid adieu to Dean’s SECRET MCQUEEN series on December 16th, but then a little ray of hope entered my life in the form of a spin-off. And, the protagonist is a witch / werewolf hybrid!
  04. Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole

I owe Jennifer (The Book Nympho) and HUGE thank you for getting me hooked on Kresley Cole’s Young Adult series. The narration and writing are absolutely fantastic! Unfortunately, this caused me to fly through the first two installments. C’mooon January!
Magic Shifts   03. Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews

Ilona Andrews makes my top 10 looking forward to list every year. MAGIC SHIFTS has some pretty big shoes to fill after the quasi series finale that went down in book 7, but if anyone can it, it’s THIS author duo. Kate Daniels and Curran forevah!
  02. Burned by Karen Marie Moning

Here’s another repeat from 2013, but unlike MENAGERIE, the change in publication date in no way diminished my anticipation for KMM’s next novel. In fact, the author completely changed her game plan by instead switching back to Mac’s POV which was great news.
  01. Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop

I’ve actually already read this book (I couldn’t WAIT!), so it’s kinda funny that it holds the #1 position. I first discovered this series in audio, so even though my review is already ready to rock in March, I still plan on visiting Meg & Simon AGAIN Alexandra Harris style.

What books are you looking forward to in 2015?

Carmel Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2014/12/top-10-books-im-looking-forward-to-in-2015.html