RabidReads

Format: 312 pages, eBook
Provided by: Purchased
five-starsfive-starsfive-starsfive-starsfive-stars
Amazon | Book Depo | Kobo | B&N | GoodReads

Ivy believes every life must have balance, and during the past year, she's found harmony living with the Weston pack. When an evil spirit from her past threatens her wolf, it sets off a chain reaction of events that alters the course of her destiny.

Lorenzo Church is a powerful, wealthy Packmaster who rules his pack through intimidation and order. He has vowed to never love a woman because love can destroy an empire. But chaos is fast approaching in the form of a Shifter named Ivy--a Native American, like him, who has invaded his dreams since the moment they met. She is spirited, wise, and unattainable.

In an unexpected turn of events, Ivy must choose whether or not to let go of the one person she has always loved. Lorenzo discovers the root of her courage but will never win her as his mate unless he learns to listen to his heart.
Destiny will find you

2014 PAGETURNER howlinggood

Just when I think Dannika Dark can’t surpass herself, she does it, and does it so well, that I literally got cold chills while reading this book. If you have read her Mageri series, and just haven’t had the chance to start her Seven Years series, or are on the fence about it, this would be the book to read. While they do go in order, the author writes in such a way that each book is about one couple, so it could be read alone. No cliffhangers with this author’s books, and much appreciated by me, and I am sure lots of others.

This series takes place within the Weston pack in the Breed world, that was first introduced in book 1, Sterling, of the Mageri Series. While that series was about Mages, this series focuses on werewolves. Since this is the fourth in the series, the reader has met most of the characters from previous books. It’s always fun trying to figure out which wolf will find his/her mate in each book. It is also fun to catch up with previous characters and couples.

Ivy is a werewolf that was traded to the Weston pack a year before. She already loves them all as family, but still keeps her secrets from them. Lorenzo is a packmaster over the largest, and richest pack in the area. There’s no love lost between Lorenzo and Austin, packmaster for the Weston clan. While Ivy is wise beyond her years, outspoken, and loving, Lorenzo is arrogant, and a seemingly coldhearted packmaster, one that his own men barely know. Of course, these two have noticed each other before, but in this book, the pair have four days to get to really know each other. Whole lives can change in four days.

The author continues with the intricate world building, as with all her books. We learn more about the werewolves in this Breed world, and all the customs and do’s and don’ts that prevail in pack life, and between packs. I enjoyed seeing her vision for her werewolves, and how they differ from other author’s visions. And no, the life of a werewolf is definitely not all sweetness and light.

Dannika Dark’s books are always, and I am stressing this, always, well written, with wonderful romances and characters. She’s not afraid of the dark side of the Breed world, and people do get hurt, or even worse in her books. The readers emotions are all over the place while reading these, maybe more so with the Mageri series, but this series evokes some as well. I think this is the first book of hers that involved chills for me, not once, but twice. And not the scary kind. The feel good kind.

I can’t recommend this author’s books enough. We get plenty of action, showdowns, adult romance, and a twist I never saw coming, one that I absolutely loved. These books should be read in order(usually)and once started, make sure you have plenty of time to read, unless you like sitting up late into the night reading like I did, two nights in a row.

On a side note, when you are finished reading, please read the authors acknowledgements at the end. Mageri fans in particular. One of the chill moments for me!

Lorna Signature