RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Question: Who Are Some Authors I Should Check Out In 2015?

WeeklyQuestion

Happy New Year!!!

I’m going to focus on authors that have books releasing in 2015, and more specifically series / stand-alone debuts because you’re more likely to add them to your TBR. Don’t feel like you have to do the same though, however please keep in mind that I hate playing catch-up just as much as you do, and time is always at a premium.

Jennifer Estep: Her ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN novels pop up on my top 10 lists every December, but they are already twelve installments in, and still going strong, so instead I’m going to direct you towards COLD BURN OF MAGIC which hits shelves on April 28th. It’s book 1 in her new BLACK BLADE Young Adult series, and I’m hoping that it’ll prove to be a good starting point for readers looking to get into her writing.

Sierra Dean: All good things must come to an end, and SECRET MCQUEEN was no different; however I’m all for spin-offs, especially when there’s a strong probability that one of my favourite Urban Fantasy heroines might make a few cameo appearances. And, the fact that it’s set in the same world doesn’t hurt either. Therefore, may I present BAYOU BLUES, the next release by this Canadian author from Winnipeg.

Rachel Vincent: This talented writer actually has two debuts in the works for 2015, so pick your poison: Urban Fantasy or Young Adult. Personally, I’m probably going with both because I adored her SHIFTERS novels, and her SOUL SCREAMERS universe wasn’t too shabby either, although I haven’t gotten very far in it yet. Her UNBOUND trilogy is another fav of mine, but I digress… MENAGERIE and THE STARS NEVER RISE are where its at.

Chloe Neill: Peeps seem to have a love / hate relationship with her CHICAGOLAND VAMPIRES, and if you’re one of them I won’t hold that against you, but I hope that you’ll consider giving THE VEIL a whirl. Every author deserves a second chance in my opinion, and in case you need a bit more convincing, the story is set in New Orleans, or more specifically in a place called DEVIL’S ISLE—can I get a HELLS YEAH!?

Felicity Heaton: I’m trying not to play favourites, but Urban Fantasy is clearly dominating this list, with Young Adult not too far behind, so I wanted to give Paranormal Romance a bit of love too. Heaton’s an indie author with a knack for writing strong heroines, and adding to my fictional boyfriends stable. The first part of 2015 is all about her ETERNAL MATES, but ARES, book 1 in her GUARDIANS OF HADES series is scheduled for the fall.

Bayou Blues Ares

I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

Have a bookish question you’d like Rabid Reads to weigh-in on? E-mail me, and be sure you include your blog URL (if you have one), so we can give you credit!

Carmel Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2015/01/question-who-are-some-authors-i-should-check-out-in-2015.html