RabidReads

Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: 302 pages, eARC
Provided by: Author
Amazon | Kobo | B&N | GoodReads

A jaguar shifter with a dark secret, Kyter has spent his entire life running from his demons. When a tragedy takes him back to his pride’s village, he is set on a path of vengeance that will see him collide with the terrible ghosts of his past and a beautiful vision of his future.

Iolanthe deals in finding artefacts for discerning clients, but this time her client is one of the deadliest men in Hell and her mission has the highest stakes imaginable. Failure is not an option when your life is on the line, but things take a dangerous turn when she crosses paths with a handsome and mysterious male on the hunt for the same artefact—a male who declares she is his eternal mate.

Can Iolanthe resist Kyter’s wicked allure and find the artefact before he does? Can Kyter face his demons and win the heart of his fated female? Or will this deadly game of cat and mouse claim both of their lives?

ROMANCE hot ADULTSONLY

Mark my words, Felicity Heaton’s ETERNAL MATES series is going to one day succeed in uprooting Urban Fantasy as my top genre, and after reading HUNTED BY A JAGUAR I find myself barely holding on by the skin of my teeth. This author continuously opens my eyes to the virtues of Paranormal Romance with her bruised males, spirited heroines, and seductive love stories. This installment was a return to the novel that started it all because the elves were back on the front lines, as was one of the founding secondary characters, or rather his sister, and wherever Iolanthe is, big bro is sure to follow. One day his tale will be told, but until then, book 4 was a satisfying substitute.

I enjoyed learning more about Kyter’s background; his sex appeal was already well established thanks to his nightclub owner status (and the cover!), so I was happy that the author chose to focus on his life before Underworld in the opening chapters. The scene where he reunites with his pride was upsetting, and although it did very little to turn me pro jaguar, it solidified Kyter’s character in a big way. I also liked how Heaton played up his kitty attributes via his dialogue, actions and personality. He preens a lot in an attempt to capture his mate’s attention in the early stages of their relationship which made for some great visuals, and purring during sex is just straight-up HOT.

It was interesting that Iolanthe’s reaction to meeting her fated male was as far from insta-love as you can get. In fact, she tries to kill Kyter, and when that fails, she gets the hell out of Dodge. It goes without saying that these two had more than their fair share of issues to work through before a HEA was even in the realm of possibility. Personally, I prefer that to the alternative because it makes for a more compelling read. I really liked Io; she’s spunky, deadly, and in essence a female version of my favourite EM elf. I’m not sure if his identity is a spoiler or not, so I’ll leave it at that, but I’m positive that followers of this series will be able to put two and two together.

This novel’s treasure hunting story line was very entertaining, one of the best to date in my opinion. I enjoyed following the trail of clues, bouncing between locales, and was pleased with how all of the fragments fit together. I also liked that both Kyer and Iolanthe had given up on finding their ETERNAL MATES; the former because his pride told him that he was a lost cause on account of his heritage, and the latter due an elf tradition where a female’s parents get to chose for their daughter if she’s still single on her 1,000th birthday. As a result, this tale had a hopeful feel to it, and validated the proverb that good things come to those who wait.

HUNTED BY A JAGUAR was a sensational way to ring in the New Year, and with three more EM books on the way in as many months, 2015 is looking good!

Eternal Mates Series

Tempted by a Jaguar Craved by an Alpha
Bitten by a Hellcat Taken by a Dragon

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider voting for it on Amazon or liking it on GoodReads!

Carmel Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2015/01/review-hunted-by-a-jaguar-by-felicity-heaton.html