RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Early Review: Craved by an Alpha by Felicity Heaton

Craved by an Alpha (Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series Book 5) - Felicity Heaton

Craved by an Alpha
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Format: 163 pages, eARC
Provided by: Author
Amazon | Kobo | GoodReads

Having turned his back on his snow leopard pride, Cavanaugh has been counting the days until he’s free of a role he never wanted—one that separated him from his fated female and stands between him and the future he craves with her.

Just days from the night he will finally be free to be with the low-ranking beauty who stole his heart, she walks back into his life and threatens to destroy everything he’s worked towards in the five long years they’ve been apart.

Eloise has traveled across continents searching for the male who was once her best friend and so much more to her, but was now her pride’s true alpha. Desperate to fulfill a promise to her kin to save them from the tyrant he left in charge, she convinces Cavanaugh to return to his pride, but as they journey to Bhutan, doubts bloom and old feelings resurface, tearing her between duty and her deepest desires and impossible dreams.

Will Eloise be able to resist the burning need that Cavanaugh reignites in her and remember her place in the pride? And can Cavanaugh find a way to save his kin and claim the future he craves with the woman he loves?

ARC review Swoon Paranormal

After chain reading the last two ETERNAL MATES installments one thing has become evident, Felicity Heaton’s big cat shifters are misogynistic jerks! Well, generally speaking anyway, but as in every society there are those that defy tradition, and although Cavanaugh doesn’t outright spit in his prides’ face, he does utilize the rules to his advantage which was even better because H-E-L-L-O! Smart AND dreamy! I briefly met this kissable snow leopard in HUNTED BY A JAGUAR, and his similarities to Kyter (that novel’s hero) paired with his mysterious back story were more than enough to make me say yes to book 5.

This was the first novella in this series, so I was a little hesitant for the simple reason that shorts rarely succeed in completely fulfilling my Paranormal Romance appetite. Those doubts proved to be unwarranted because CRAVED BY AN ALPHA had all of the ingredients of the previous EM titles, minus the lengthy couple’s dance which the author managed to establish in a single chapter thanks to the characters’ past. So yeah, the excess fat was trimmed in all of the right places, and the outcome was a quick paced tale of love, cat fights, and cave sex.

Cavanaugh was pretty secretive about his background in book 4, but I just knew that it involved a girl, so when Eloise showed up at Underworld, I wasn’t the least bit taken aback. His reasons for jumping ship were sweet, however as with most rash decisions, consequences were unavoidable, and unfortunately his lady friend suffered the brunt of them. It was mildly annoying that they didn’t own up to their feelings from day one; on the other hand five years is a long time to spend building something up in your head, so the conflict between them wasn’t far-fetched.

Eloise won’t be winning any awards as my favourite EM heroine because she came off as rather beaten, although again, that was understandable in her case considering everything she’s been through. It’s tough to break free from extended oppression, and there was still a high degree of courage, and self-sacrifice to her given how she’s been globetrotting for two years on threadbare resources in the hopes of saving her pride while also condemning herself to a loveless life. Still, Cavanaugh was compelling enough for the both of them as was the humping.

CRAVED BY AN ALPHA was like catnip for readers!

Eternal Mates Series

Tempted by a Jaguar
Craved by an Alpha
Bitten by a Hellcat Taken by a Dragon

Was this review helpful? If so, please consider liking it on GoodReads!

Carmel Signature

Source: http://rabidreads.ca/2015/01/review-craved-by-an-alpha-by-felicity-heaton.html