RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Audiobook Review: Captivated by You by Sylvia Day

Captivated by You - Sylvia Day

I've been procrastinating listening to this audiobook since November, but when Valentine's Day rolled around I decided that I was due for a guilty pleasure kind of title, and nothing fit the bill quite like Gideon & Ava Cross. I was also excited that this series FINALLY added a second narrator. As much as I've been enjoying Jill Redfield's performance, certain characters need that extra edge that only a male voice can bring, and I was hoping that Jeremy York would be up to the task. I wish that they'd read ALL of their respective personage's dialogues rather than just their specific chapters, but that's a common complaint of mine with dual readings. However, other than that, I had no issues with either of the narrators. My problems were with the lack of advancement on any front. Gideon & Ava are still struggling with the exact same obstacles only different versions of them, the story arc didn't really go anywhere, and the ending left me feeling like the next novel was going to be more of the same. CAPTIVATED BY YOU was like watching a dog try to catch its tail; painful and an exercise in futility.