RabidReads

Rabid Reads

Her Wicked Angel: Her Angel Romance Series

Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel: Eternal Warriors #3) - Felicity Heaton Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

Her Wicked Angel is a sexy spin on a classic with its many fairytale-esque elements like castles, dragons and there’s even a sleeping witch in need of rescue. Once you get past drooling over this book’s cover you’ll soon discover that the story has a nice balance of action and romance, and an all-star cast of characters that you won’t soon forget. Asmodeus is the ideal anti-hero; the dangerous bad boy that every girl wants but can’t take home to their mother. And Liora is a good girl with a wicked streak makes her the perfect woman to tame the Devil’s right hand man. Together they are explosive and their tale will keep you up reading way past your bedtime.

It’s been a while since I’ve visited Felicity Heaton’s angels however, after only a few chapters, I felt as though I’d never left. The author does a superb job of summarizing previous events while still working new elements into this series’ overall story arc. Each of these installments can be read as a stand-alone but you’ll definitely appreciate the Her Angel experience way more if you’ve read at least one of the earlier novels. I enjoyed revisiting old characters almost as much as I liked meeting new ones; although admittedly, as much as I adored Asmodeus and Liora, I think I loved the two Hellhounds even more. What can I say? I’m a sucker for pooches with personality and you don’t get ones with more character than Romulus & Remus!

I really got a kick out of Asmodeus’ trip to the mortal world; there’s just something comical about watching an ancient angel experience his first of many firsts. I also couldn’t help giggling a little when he displayed a few “typical” male traits such as refusing to ask for directions when lost. This just goes to show you that all men ARE created equal, even the King of Demons! Heaton does a great job of making his bad guy turned good story believable by not overdoing his righteousness and staying true to his roots. Liora also helps to balance things out because she’s more light than dark which makes this duo the perfect yin-yang-type combination. I liked that she accepted Asmodeus for who he is while still encouraging him to better himself. I also appreciated that the author made her heroine and hero practically equal in strength because I’m not a overly fond of damsels in distress.

I’m not a huge fan of insta-love and I didn’t particularly enjoy the set-up of the one featured in this book but once I got over the initial growing pains it became easier to roll with it. I liked the give-and-take in Asmodeus and Liora’s relationship and, by the end I felt satisfied with the way that their romance progressed. The smokin’ hot sex scenes were definitely a contributing factor to my overall enjoyment of this novel. No author can make my eReader sizzle quite like Felicity Heaton!

Her Wicked Angel makes good conquering evil look downright sexy! If tortured heroes, strong female protagonists and a well-balanced story are your thing, then this book is for you!

image